Sunday, September 1, 2013

Serve

  If you don't know already, which you should by now, Serve FBA released a ultimate black book.
The cover of the book is pretty sick.  Its a engraved foiled out handstyle by the man himself.  Once you crack open the pages you realize that this experience is as real as it gets.  The print on the pages is phenomenal and the book is scented with that classic design marker smell.
Here is a little sneak peak of some bangers I liked.
From what I have seen in the book it seems like this is the only appearance of another writer.  But this page makes me really want to draw up some burners.
I would say my only criticism of the book is mostly if not all of the styles in the book pay homage to alot of classic NYC pioneers, which I do love, but I would rather see Serve's originality come out more.   He obviously has the talent and a couple jawns in here show his original style shapes, flow, and letter fragments.  I am hoping in volume 2 to see more of his original flavor and not so much of the "classic graffiti pioneer styles".  Go cop this for the collection though;